Sunday, December 20, 2009

What's Happening in December?

Lots of stuff happening this month, so rather than a normal post, I thought I'd share a few cool links I've stumbled across over the last month or so.

The first and perhaps my favorite, World Leaders Photographed by Platon ...this is too cool, famous photographer Platon holed up at the UN and coaxed as many world leaders to sit for a portrait as he could.  With each one of these shots, there is an audio commentary by Platon about that leader.  Very cool!

Second, need a new Nikon shirt?  Scott Kelby linked to these on his blog, and all of the proceeds go to a really good cause, check it out!

Next, David Hobby of the Strobist blog has this very cool, on going post in which he interviews some of the past Old Masters on their lighting techniques.  Very fun and informative!  His latest is with Vermeer.

Another awesome post by Scott Kelby, how to become known as a better photographer.  This is a must read!

Looking for a last minute Christmas present for a photographer friend?  Check out these awesome deals on lightstands at Photographer's Warehouse!  ...I've already bought a few.

Last but not least, I've been telling a lot of people about this site, its where I buy a lot of my photography gear.  If you live in the midwest/east, they are very close, ship quickly and the customer service rocks!  Check out Midwest Photo Exchange!

That's all I've got for now, but I should be squeaking another post in before Christmas! I'm hoping if I post more, Santa will be extra special good to me.

-mtc

No comments: