Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Modern Vernacular


WARNING!  ...this post has nothing to do with photography!

There, now that we have that cleared up...

At one point in my life I was able to speak and write proper English.  I knew when to use a period, a semicolon, a colon, an apostrophe, quotation marks and even parentheses.  However over time, it seems I have lost that ability; perhaps because other things (like lighting a 50 person group shot with a single speedlight) may have taken a precedence.  In a world where textology is the modern vernacular there is still someone out there who prides themselves in proper English.

The Baltimore Sun's night time content production manager John McIntyre writes, almost daily, a blog entitled "You Don't Say".  I really enjoy reading his posts, especially after receiving a text message from one of my girlfriend's kids or checking updates on Facebook.

If you have a penchant for eloquence in writing, diction and poignant humor, then hop over to his blog and check it out.  Its some goodly grammar.

...oh, and another cool note, I believe he's originally from Kentucky :)

No comments: