Monday, January 30, 2012

New Website, New Look!


Well, its certainly been a long time coming, but I finally got around to updating my website with a new design, new photos (and hopefully) easier navigation.  The blog got a facelift too and hopefully its easier to navigate as well.

With both the main site and the blog, text is bigger and I went with a simpler, "clean" look so that photos would stand out more, and articles would be easier to read.  It was certainly a challenge for me committing to a white website and blog because I always felt that photos looked better on darker backgrounds, especially dark gray ones, but I've noticed over the last few years, that most of the websites I like, have white backgrounds so that's why I went that route.

Also, I have to say that I am definitely not a CSS/HTML guru by a long shot so to get most of the customizing done to the site, I had to spend a lot of time on Smug Mug's help blog Digital Grin.  I certainly could not have made all the changes I did so seamlessly without the help of a few of the Smug Mug "Heroes".  Their support is really incredible and made things really easy on a dumb button pusher.  So I have to say a big THANK YOU to all you guys and gals at Smug Mug who stepped up and helped a fella out!

There are a bunch of new blog posts on deck and should be rolling out in the next few weeks as time allows.  Having an uncanny busy first part of the year so far (which is a good thing) so the blog has been a little sparse but hopefully some new info will be coming down the pipes soon.

In the meantime, I'd really love to know what you think of the new look and layout!  I'm sure I will be making a few more changes here and there, but if you have any input, I'm always all ears in that regard so if anyone has any suggestions or comments, please sound off in the comments section, and thanks for following the blog!

Oh, also for past clients, if you find you're having problems locating or accessing any of your galleries, please send me an email and we'll get that taken care of!

www.johnadkinsphotography.com

John