Friday, January 6, 2012

The Nikon D4!!!

Ok, I'm not one of those people who have to have the latest and greatest devices as soon as they come out.  I mean, I didn't even get a CD player until two years ago (kidding) and I'm usually the last on the new, cool toy bandwagon.  Even if I was one of those people, I'd have to sell my car to buy some of the new technological marvels that cause me to break out in cold sweats, as I gaze doe-eyed like a kid in a toy store.  I digress

All of that being said, Nikon announced its new, flagship pro level dSLR today, the Nikon D4, and boy does it look sweet!  I haven't had time to read all the tech. goodies, but let's just say I think this camera is going to set the mold for a new breed of dSLR goodness.  Just sayin'

If your curiosity is more than you can bare, then step away from today's activities and peruse the links below.  Be warned though, this information might make you want to cash-in your kids' college funds!

More after the jump!


First off, the master of light himself, Joe McNally, got his hands on one right out of the gate, and is already blogging about it!

Check out this video to get the low-down and its wireless remote capabilities and umm... its ability to communicate with iOS devices!!!  Say what???

Ummm... it seems pretty darn fast too!

Not surprisingly, it shoots video too, doesn't all devices these days?  Hell, my coffee cup does.  Check out these samples over on the Nikon Rumors blog!

Also, Scott Kelby has a cool product tour video of the D4 over on his blog today!

By the way, if you want to get in on ordering this puppy, I believe (according to Nikon Rumors) that Amazon has already sold out if this beast IN LESS THAN AN HOUR!   Not to worry though, it appears B&H Photo Video is still taking orders for it, but you might want to get in line.

So there you have it, all the most interesting info I could find on Nikon's new D4.  I'm a little hurt that Nikon didn't send me one for review, but then again, I haven't checked my mailbox today either. :)

In all seriousness, this guy is probably a little above my budget for the year(s), but it really does seem to be leading the pack in professional dSLR's.  Maybe somebody I know will get one and let me 'borrow it' for a little while. :)

No comments: