Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today in the U.S. is Thanksgiving Day which is a holiday us Americans celebrate to give thanks for all the fortunes in our lives. Some say its about a bunch of uptight pilgrims who share their first celebration dinner with their neighbors, but I'm dubious about that.

For most of us, its a day to share with family and friends, eating tons of turkey, taking long naps and watching football. Folks travel all over the country to be with their loved ones and to share memories of good times.

There are so many things in this world to be thankful for, that they are just to numerous to list. That being said, I can honestly say I've been quite fortunate in my years to have a blessing of family, friends and a roof over my head to keep me safe. I truly am thankful for all these gifts and also that I've managed to keep my finger on a shutter button over the years, documenting some of these blessings.

I'd like to say thanks to the few folks that find the time out of their days to take a peak at this blog (however inconsistent it may be) and for all the people that have taken the time to share bits and pieces of their lives with me, including those I've had the good opportunity to photograph, and those that have decided to stick with me through the long haul.

I have always been a family oriented guy in some way or another so I thought I'd share a few pics of how my family has grown over the years. I'm thankful for the family I've had to share this holiday with, including those that have passed, and those that continue to grow my family... its a motley crew to be sure!


(I'm not even in this one yet!)


 (for any of those who might be disgruntled about how they look in this photo, this is a friendly reminder to think about that the next time you see me with a camera in hand ;)


Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments: