Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Year End Review


I managed to get one last post in for the year!  The blog has been fairly sparse this year due to quite a few, big home projects and a lot more time with my finger on the shutter... which is a good thing!

That being said, after reading this blog post by the Strobist, I decided to do exactly what he recommends, and that is taking the time to sit back and review all of my favorite photos from the year.   I honestly don't think I have ever done this before, at least not on any techincal/official basis so this was a bit of a learning experience for me.

One of the things I figured out was, always have a camera with you, as about a third of the photos taken this year, were taken with my iPhone... and that is not necessarily a bad thing.  I upgraded to the iPhone 4S this year and have been pleasantly surprised at the quality of the photos it produces, not to mention all the cool apps it has to edit your photos with.  I wouldn't use my phone for clients, but again, having any camera with you is better than not having one at all.

There are a few other things I also figured out from my looking at my favorites from the year, but I will spare the details, suffice to say, I think this is a really good idea and if you haven't done so already, take the time out to pick 20 or so of your favorites from the year and see what they tell you about your photography.

Have fun with it, and Happy New Year!  See you in 2013!!!

If you're on a mobile device or can't see the slideshow above, try this link on Flickr.




No comments: